Coinbase is a secure online platform for buying, selling, transferring, and storing digital currency. According to Coinbase’s creators, its mission it is to create an open financial system for the world and be the leading global brand for providing and helping people in the conversion of digital currency into and out of their local currency.
Current BitCoin Price – $ 0000.00
What is a bitcoin?
Bitcoin was the first known cryptocurrency. It is a form of digital money that use encryption to secure its transactions and control the creation of new units. Created by a mysterious developer or group of developers under the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto, Bitcoin burst into the financial scene in 2013, and it keeps increasing their value.
How to buy bitcoin through Coinbase?
Coinbase provides its users with two methods to buy or sell Bitcoin, a web browsing site and a mobile app.
Using a Web Browser
1. Proceed to the trading page (https://www.coinbase.com/trade).
2. Enter the value in BTC or local currency that you desire to purchase.
3. Select the wallet you wish to deposit your funds into.
4. Select a payment method.
5. Verify the request is correct and click “Buy Bitcoin”.
Using the iOS and Android Apps
1. Tap near the top left of the screen a menu icon to reveal the Navbar.
2. Select “Buy” from the Navbar.
3. Enter the amount in BTC or local currency that you want to purchase.
4. Choose the wallet you wish to have your funds deposited.
5. Pick your preferred payment method.
6. Review the order and tap “Buy bitcoin”.
For US Customers, Coinbase supports a variety of payment methods to buy Bitcoin. These methods include bank transfers, credit cards, debit cards, and bank wires.
For European Customers, users can use their European bank account from any supported country to transfer euros to and from their Coinbase account using SEPA deposits. European residents may also buy digital currency with a credit or debit card that is 3D Secure.
Selling Bitcoins through Coinbase
Users can trade Bitcoin for their local currency and have the returns deposited to their linked bank account or local currency wallet. Be advised, to sell Bitcoin you must be from one of Coinbase’s supported countries and have a valid payment method.
Through a Web Browser
1. Go to the selling page (https://www.coinbase.com/trade).
2. Enter the quantity that you wish to sell.
3. Select the wallet you wish to use for the sale.
4. Choose the account you wish to deposit the funds to (Example, your connected bank account).
5. Confirm the order is correct and click “Sell Bitcoin”.
Through iOS and Android Apps
1. Tap the menu icon to show the Navbar.
2. Select “Sell” from the Navbar.
3. Enter the amount in BTC or local coin that you wish to exchange.
4. Select your wallet.
5. Select the bank account or wallet you want the money to be deposited.
6. After verifying your order, tap “Sell bitcoin”.
Coinbase makes user’s funds available in their account as soon as they receive the payment. Timing will vary according to its user’s location and its payment method used.